It’s September. Do you know what gifts you have to have knitted by December? It’s only three months away – time to get crackin’. I have been pondering which of my own projects are going to turn into gifts for friends and family. Here is my list:
2. The Yarn Pirate Viola socks. I have one done, and just need to knit the twin. I don’t have any other purple socks and I’m trying to make a collection of every color under the rainbow. Plus, I also love the Wildhorse Farm pattern that I’m using on those. So, never mind. Those need to stay with me.
3. The Socks That Rock socks in the no-longer-available colorway. I have one done, and just need to knit the twin. Never mind. Until Tina-The-Wonder-Dyer decides to let us carry Socks That Rock, my STR sock-knitting is few and far between. (Well, because I have so many wonderful sock yarns to choose from here. How can I justify buying more sock yarn when The Loopy Room is overflowing with sock yarn wonders?) While my STR knitting is limited, those need to stay with me.
4. The Fleece Artist Jester Fall Socks. I have one done, and just need to knit the twin. But these are MY fall socks. I’m working on socks for each season. Never mind. They definitely need to stay with me.
5. The blue/purple color-stacking bag that is half completed. I ought to be able to finish it in just a few hours. But it’s such a pretty little bag. It would be perfect for winter. Never mind. I can use that bag myself. That needs to stay with me.
6. The lime/green sweater. It would be great to have a deadline for that sweater, and three months is definitely do-able. However, I did pick the lime/teal colors out just for me. And it will make a great spring/summer sweater. Never mind. That needs to stay with me.
7. The Log Cabin Quilt. It’s turning out so pretty and would make a wonderful gift. No doubt I’ll be able to finish it up in a month or two. However, it does remind me of Vera Bradley Java Blue, and I’m the one that is into blue/brown. Never mind. That needs to stay with me.
8. The blue/turquoise scarf. I just have a few inches done, but you know scarves – they are quick to finish. I guess I did pick this out to go with one of my sweaters. And I do still love the color/yarn. Never mind. That needs to stay with me.
9. The brown/green felted bag that I have not yet started, but bought the yarn and pattern for. It’s going to be beautiful and I can’t wait to knit it. Or use it. Ok. Never mind. That one needs to stay with me.
10. The cashmere fingerless gloves that I have not yet started, but bought the yarn and pattern for. They are to-die-for. Can you imagine wearing cashmere on your hands in the cold winter air? Are these not going to be great? Might have to make a scarf to match. I will love these. Never mind. They need to stay with me.
“Houston – we have a problem.”
Apparently “someone” is too attached to her knitting projects. How did that happen? I guess everyone on my list is getting Barnes & Noble Gift Certificates instead. (Quick and easy to buy, insures more knitting time for me. Isn’t that what the holidays are all about?)
Please inspire me with your knitting gift lists and encourage me not to be so selfish with my knitting to go out and buy more yarn to make wonderful things for others this season……