February 23, 2007
Time for another Three Things Post today. (Why three? Because it’s easier than thinking of four.)
Three things I’m in the middle of knitting: (ok – that would’ve been easy to make four)
1. My second Frank sock.
2. My second Faded Jeans Panda Cotton sock.
3. My second Cherry Tree Hill Java sock.
(See a pattern there?)
1. This wonderful sheep by talented Laurie (seriously – go see all of her stuff. Now I want the big brown sheep.)
2. The book Favorite Socks by Ann Budd and Anne Merrow (had to order it at Barnes & Noble, but it finally came in)
3. The book The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
(Not that I have time to read. But I have delusions of time.)
Three questions that you all have been asking:
1. Are you getting any more Sweet Georgia orders? (Yes. One more.)
2. Are you getting any more Loopy Stitchmarkers? (Yes. Soon. And always more in the works!)
3. Are you getting any more Apple Laine soon? (Yes. Soon. And always more in the works!)
Three things that have bugged me this week:
1. My printer just spit out foreign characters instead of a bar code on a shipping label. (What??)
2. The stray cat that keeps meowing outside our front door at night, making me panic that Zoe got out.
3. The fact that I can’t ever seem to get to bed before 1:00 am.
Three things that have delighted me this week:
1. All of your fun emails/testimonials/blog comments/knitting tips. (You know, I think you’re wonderful.)
2. All of your great orders. (You know, I think you’re wonderful.)
3. All of the incredible recipes you have sent me. (You know, I think you’re wonderful.)
One of those came from Dynna, my Loopy friend in Michigan. She sent the recipe, and then she just went ahead and sent me the homemade cookies, too!! (And the most wonderful bag of Michigan dried cherries that I have ever tasted. I’m trying to save enough to make my own batch of cookies, but I keep snacking on them.) You must try these. The tangy cherries and the sweetness of the soft cookie, just make these downright delicious.
3/4 c. dried cherries
1/4 c. orange juice
Put these together in a small pan and bring to boil. Cool and drain.
1/2 c. soft butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
Cream together and then add:
1 tsp. vanilla
Next add dry ingredients that have been mixed together:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. quick oats
1/2 c. toasted pecans
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Delicious!
Three things I’m going to do today, in this particular order:
1. Get a Peppermint Mocha.
2. Drop off all the international orders at the post office.
3. Head to my LYS to look at someone else’s yarn for an hour.
So, what three things do you want to tell me today?