March 30, 2007
1. Knitting (but I tried). Here is my Meida Sock from Favorite Socks. I used the Louet Gems Sport Sage on a #1 needle, and added two lace repeats on the cuff to make it a bit taller. This was a very easy pattern to knit and memorize and I do love how it turned out. I started another that I will work on this weekend (another, meaning another yarn – of course not the twin to Meida) and I already have my next TWO socks yarns picked out. One is another brand new indie-dyer that I’m really excited about, and the other is Scarlet Fleece in Red Velvet Waters. But – I didn’t do enough knitting this week.
2. Movie watching (but I tried). We did watch some fun ones, and regardless of the number of Loopy orders waiting to be packed up, we quit packing in time to watch at least one movie a night. Sometimes late. But – we didn’t do enough movie watching this week.
3. Shopping (but I tried). Knitting Daughter and I only went shopping one day, but we had a good time. We added lunch into the mix and that was fun. She has put in a lot of hours packing Loopy orders after the shop update on Wednesday night. I was so glad for the help! But – we didn’t do enough shopping this week.
1. This package of chocolate arrived from Loopy Friend Josiane in Switzerland. Can you believe it? Totally out of the blue, someone sends me chocolate in the mail. It arrived yesterday which was perfect timing. We had several (ahem) chocolate breaks in our day yesterday. The hazelnut was my favorite.
2. Watching the mailman pick up your orders today from the front porch. (Pssst – we beat the record again. Cool!)
3. College Boy is coming home tonight and staying for 10 whole days. We can’t wait!! He hasn’t been home since the end of January – two long months. That means next week is “Spring Break” again – WOOT!
Three things that I need to do:
1. Update the Loopy Groupie list and welcome all of the new people in a blog entry. There have been SO many of you since I last blogged a Loopy Welcome last month. I haven’t forgotten about you, you know!
2. Finish answering all of my emails. There are …. a lot …. waiting to be answered. If you’re one of them, I’m working on it today and tomorrow – I promise!
3. Go grocery shopping. How can you have a hungry college student come home without plenty of food in the house? Impossible. I need to go this afternoon.
This recipe comes from my dad’s mom and is a family favorite. Why would you make your own sauce when you can buy it by the jar? Because it smells heavenly while it cooks, it makes a bunch and freezes well, and it’s better for you. I hope you try it and like it!
1 large can of tomato juice
1 large can of tomatoes
1 large can tomato paste
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick of margarine
2 Tbl. chili powder
4 Tbl. flour
1 Tbl. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
4 onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Combine in large pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn to low heat and simmer for 3 hours. Keep a constant watch so sauce doesn’t stick to bottom. (Or – put it in a crockpot for the day.) Add meatballs (uncooked) to the mix for the last 2 hours.
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 cup bread or cracker crumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup oil
salt and pepper
Mix well and form into small meatballs.
Three yarns that will be in the next shop update (maybe next week, if we can get them photo-ed … or the week after)
1. Fleece Artist (big huge boxes and boxes of it)
2. Cider Moon Glacier (I snuck up a few repeat colors this week, but there are about 15 more new colors to go up)
3. Regia Silk and Bamboo (in new colors)
(plus J-Knits, more Yarn Pirate … and possibly more. The yarn arrives almost as fast as it leaves!)
So – what three things do you want to tell me today?