Three things that I have been doing today instead of blogging:
1. Admiring my adorable “Loopy goes Trick or Treating” Woolpet that the amazing Laurie sent me as a gift. (Zoe thoughtfully gave him a little poke for good measure.)
2. Shopping for necessities for the new Loopy Office.
3. Setting up deliveries, making appointments, and scheduling moving help.
Three things that the Loopy Elves did today:
1. Packed up all your orders and got them out without me.
2. Set up an obstacle course of boxes for me to dodge in the Loopy Room. I’m sure they did all of that arranging on purpose.
3. Stacked 10 newly arrived cases of yarn in my front entry (because why carry them down to the Loopy room when we’ll be carrying them back out on Monday?)
Three decisions I made today:
1. The little kitchenette in the new Loopy office needed a Loopy red microwave. (Who knew there were red microwaves??)
2. The sign for the new building needs Loopy on there. You’re right.
3. I “needed” a pumpkin scone to go with my latte today. Big errand day.
So you can see that things are a bit one-tracked around here – all revolving around the big move next week. Thanks so much for your fun and encouraging emails, phone calls, and blog comments about it! We’ll work hard to get things back up and running asap, because I know you’re going to love all of this new yarn that keeps arriving. In the meantime, here is my first recipe from my Colorado weekend of good food.
1 1/2 cups cubed whole wheat bread
3 3/4 cups cubed white bread
1 lb. ground sage turkey sausage
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
2 1/2 tsp. dried sage
1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 Golden Delicious apple, chopped
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
3/4 cup chicken broth
4 Tbl. unsalted butter, melted
Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake 5-7 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven until toasted. Put in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
Cook sausage and onions over medium heat. Add celery and seasonings and stir for 2 minutes.
Pour sausage mix over bread. Add apples, cranberries and parsley. Drizzle with chicken broth and melted butter and mix lightly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Three things I will have to show you next week:
1. The socks that I finished in Colorado that I forgot to photo for you.
2. A peek at the mess we’re sure to make in the new Loopy room.
3. An unbelievably wonderful pumpkin dessert recipe from my friend Christy.