Today I promised some information on our 2009 Sock Club. We have a lot of fun putting these together for you, and we so appreciate all of your interest in being in it! We have added in more spots for 2009, so hopefully that will help a bit. Here are the details:
- Signups start on Monday, January 12th and continue through Friday, January 16th. There will be a link on the homepage when signups have opened up.
- Spots are assigned by lottery. (Why? Because so many of you told us that you really really dislike having to be ready to “pounce” at a certain time on a certain day, or stalk the website to see when it will go up, or “fight” to get through all of the people trying to sign up at the same time. And we agree. Who needs that stress?)
- If last year was your first year in the Sock Club, you DO need to sign up again, but you WILL be guaranteed a spot for your second year.
- If last year was your second year in the Sock Club, you are very welcome to sign up again and go into the lottery. We’d love to have you back!
- Each shipment will be $38 plus $5.95 shipping. (International sock club members will be charged international postage on a 2 lb. package.) We’ll bill you before each shipment, when we’re ready for the packages to go out. In general, you can plan to receive your kit by the middle of: March, May, July, September and November.
- When you sign up, you are committing to the entire year of shipments. We are able to stick with the “bill as they ship” method (which we know you prefer) because past Sock Club members have been so great about not flaking out on us mid-year!
- Each kit will contain 1 skein of yarn dyed just for our Sock Club, 1 pattern written for that yarn, and some fun extra in each box. We like to make these “extras” things that you will use in your knitting or for yourself. Since you keep asking for Loopy-Logo items, some of the kits will include fun things we find and want to put Loopy on. Other kits will have other items. We like making up kits that you won’t find anywhere else and that say “Loopy” to you. Of course Loopy Kisses or Loopy Peppermints will come with each shipment, too. We know those are equally important.
- No hints on yarn or pattern designers this year! Just know that we’ve arranged for some of your favorite indie dyers and yarn companies to participate, as well as some of your favorite pattern designers. The yarns will be mostly semi-solids or subtle colorways, that show off the patterns beautifully. We can’t wait to show you what they come up with. (Our 2008 Sock Club included yarn from: Cherry Tree Hill, Dream in Color, sKNITches, Mountain Colors, and Wollmeise. Our pattern designers included Monica Jines, Debbie O’Neill, Cookie A, Wendy Johnson, and Terry Ross.)
- We’ll send you an email either way, so you’re not wondering if you got a spot or not. These will go out sometime next week, as soon as we’re back and recovered from TNNA in California!
- Sock Club (& past kit) patterns typically go up for sale at The Loopy Ewe 6-9 months after they have been sent to Sock Club members. The fun extras are sometimes offered at a later date here as well. You can check out some of the ones from last year here and here and here. The yarn and Sock Club bags (which are sometimes included in a shipment) remain exclusive to the Sock Club members.