May 10, 2010
Remember that song by the Carpenters? (Well, many of you won’t. You’re not old enough. And to tell you the truth, I wasn’t THAT old myself at the time.) It’s a rainy Monday here, but there are too many fun things going on to let it “get us down”. We drove up to Iowa to visit WH’s mom for Mother’s Day Weekend. It was a great trip and we had a relaxing time. I figured out that I have been visiting that house ever since WH and I started dating as Juniors in high school. Since my parents have moved twice during that time, and my grandparents are gone, that is the house that has been in my life the longest (and still available for me to visit.) It has a nice feel of “home” when we go there. And the bonus? The lilacs are blooming up there. Ours bloomed a few weeks ago and are now a pleasant (distant) memory, so it was fun to have a second chance at enjoying lilacs again. My mother-in-law told me about a new lilac bush that will bloom all summer long! (Except not in hot climates. I think that rules St. Louis out, considering the lovely heat we enjoy all summer. Oh, well.)
Today we’ve been working on the Monday Update and there are a lot of things you’ll want to check out. We put up:
- String Theory Caper in 25 colors and DK in 12 colors
- Malabrigo Lace in 19 colors
- The Sanguine Gryphon Skinny Bugga in 15 colors
- Hiya Hiya new Puppy Snips
- Knit Girl in Idaho in a new 2-marker custom set, as well as a re-stock of the 4-marker custom set
- And added re-stocks in: DC Baby, Blue Sky Alpacas, Namaste (still backordered on a couple of Circular Case colors, though), Hiya Hiya needles and Dumpling Cases, and one color of Zauberball.
In knitting news, I’ve been working on my Mini Challenge Sweater and not veering from that project into others. This is quite the breakthrough. I’m usually pretty bad about having too many projects going at once. Well, actually, there are other projects “going”, it’s just that once I started in on my sweater, I stopped working on all other projects. I’m so determined to finish this in time for a couple of upcoming out of town trips. I’ll show you an in-progress photo on Wednesday. How is your Mini Challenge sweater coming along?