July 5, 2010
Full to Overflowing #1: Remember this field that sits next to our building? (The one that famously fills up with floodwater about once every five years and makes us all panic?) Right now it’s full of Queen Anne’s Lace flowers. So pretty. WH took a wander through there and used some of his famous photo skills to capture their beauty up close. I don’t remember seeing this many flowers in there in past summers. It is definitely full to overflowing with pretty white lace. (And probably full to overflowing with bees as well. I didn’t feel a need to investigate that part at all.) Since I have not taken even one hour to add flowers to any part of my yard or front porch (that is sad, isn’t it?), it’s nice to be able to enjoy this scenery at work.
* The Sanguine Gryphon Bugga and Skinny Bugga – in both re-stocks and new colors
* Hand Maiden Camelspin – a luscious silk and baby camel mix, wonderful for shawls and scarves.
* Rowan’s New Amy Butler Belle Organic line – 50% Organic Cotton, 50% Organic wool, great for sweaters, vests, baby items, home decor, and more. Available in DK weight (pictured in photo) and Aran weight. We also have her pattern book in stock.
* Madelinetosh Pashmina – the merino/silk/cashmere blend you’ve been waiting for. 19 colors today, but more coming over the next few weeks as they work through our big order.
* Lorna’s Laces – new colors Fjord, Robot Overlord, Turtle Rodeo, Unicorn Parade, and Patina
* Schaefer Yarn – new colors and re-stocks in Audrey, Anne, and Heather
* New bags from: 3 AM Enchantments and Della Q
* New patterns from: Dangercrafts, Grace Akhrem, Ysolda Teague, Heirloom Stitches, Knit and Tonic, Stephen West, and Bekah knits.
So did you get a long weekend this past weekend? And did you do anything fun? Did you make progress on your knitting and crocheting? I washed and blocked my Mini Challenge Sweater, and then turned Surf, Mocha and Coffee into something I love. I’ll share photos soon. Next, it’s time to wind up Malachite and Whisper Blue for Norwegian Rose socks.