May 9, 2011
1. Why do the purple iris’ in my back yard smell like grape Kool-Aid? (Turn the smell-o-meter up on your computer and you can smell it. I think that’s the F6 key.)
2. Why is it going to be 92 degrees here tomorrow and yet it’s only May? Is that really necessary?
3. What roll do weeds play in the whole scheme of things? (Also Poison Ivy.)
Three things you need to know:
1. There won’t be an Update tonight because I got distracted by the Fling and didn’t order yarn for two weeks. FPS. Call me a slacker.
2. We had a big batch of Wollmeise (the slightly underweight skeins that Claudia’s mill sent her by mistake) that we put up this afternoon, instead. It’s sold out now and we’ll get these orders out for you tomorrow.
3. We put the whole batch of Wollmeise up at once this time, so that’s it for this shipment. No need to watch for more this week.
Three bits of news about Loopy contest:
1. The randomly drawn winner of the First Quarter Challenge is Dana from WA. She knit up a beautiful Capelet with 2 1/2 skeins of Bugga. She won a $30 Loopy Ewe Gift Certificate.
2. The “Knitter’s Choice” winner of the First Quarter Challenge goes to Barbara from IL, who knit a lovely Smocked Cable Coat out of Madelinetosh Vintage. She also won a $30 Loopy Ewe Gift Certificate.
3. You still have a chance to win a Spring Fling Goodie Bag! Leave your comment on this blog post. We’ll draw the winners on Friday.
Three things I have not been doing lately:
Is there anything that you have temporarily slacked off on lately? (Good or bad?)