June 3, 2011
Did you ever attend summer camp when you were growing up? I went to camps in Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota in my early years and enjoyed all of them. In honor of summertime and camping, we’d like to invite you to Camp Loopy this summer! Here’s what you can expect:
No traveling to get here, no bugs, no tents and no camping fee.
- fun monthly project challenges
- a few various sales on “camping” equipment during the summer
- bonuses for completing your camping (knitting) projects
- camp contests, camp songs, camp stories, camp recipes, etc!
So – do you want to be a Camp Loopy Camper this summer? Our first Camping Project – “Campfire Nights” – starts soon!
Here are the specifics for your first project:
- knit between June 15 and July 15
- a two-color project in either a cape, a shawl, or a scarf. (Things that would keep you warm, when sitting around the campfire in the cool of the night. See ideas and links below.)
- you can get 20% off of the yarn for this project by adding “Camp Loopy” to the order notes and letting us know which yarn in that order you will be using for your project. We’ll adjust the cost down when we print your order. (Offer is good on any orders placed 6/3 – 6/10. Make sure that the discount does not take you below the free shipping amount on U.S. orders, if you’re going for free shipping.)
- for each project you finish on time (and upload a photo to the Loopy Gallery within two days of the end-date), we’ll double your Frequent Shopper Credits on that yarn purchase (if purchased 6/3 – 6/10). So if you spend $50 for yarn for the first project, we’ll add another $50 to your FSB total if you turn in a picture of the completed project by 7/17. (International Campers get an extra week, due to the time it takes for your yarn to get to you.) Remember, each time you accumulate $250 in orders here at The Loopy Ewe, you get a $25 Loopy Ewe credit in your account. This finishing bonus helps you to get there even faster!
- You can do one, two or all three of the projects that we’ll introduce this summer. As an added bonus, if you do complete all three (with photos uploaded by the due dates), we’ll send you a free Fall Project in September.** (1 skein of fingering weight yarn, plus a pattern of our choosing. And this isn’t going to be “what yarn can we get rid of” yarn. We don’t do that. We’re sending Wollmeise in these kits!)
(**Please note – you’re welcome to knit the projects using yarn from your stash and camp along with us. However, we’re unable to offer the Double Credits Finishing Bonus or the Free Fall Kit in those instances.)
Here are a few pattern ideas for your Campfire Nights project (although any two-color cape/shrug/shawl/scarf will qualify):
Winter’s Rhythm (I just finished this out of Three Irish Girls Cashmerino Worsted. Photo next week. Another good option – Cascade 220.)
Catkin (fingering weight)
Whippoorwill (fingering weight. I used Madtosh Merino Light.)
Daybreak (fingering weight)
Andrea’s Shawl (sport weight)
Ulmus (fingering weight)
Roma Shawl (fingering weight)
Cladonia (fingering weight)
Skewed Shawl (worsted weight)
Sedna’s Shawl (sport weight)
Or be creative and take one of your favorite one-color shawl/cape/shrug/scarf patterns and turn it into a two-color pattern. Maybe a ruffle in a different color? Or certain middle sections? I saw a couple Pamuya’s done up in two colors at our Spring Fling and they were so beautiful.
As the summer progresses, watch for:
Camp Loopy fun on the blog, special contests, project announcements as we go along, and a few surprises. The second Camping Project – “Hiking in the Mountains” – will run from 7/15 – 8/15, with more details about that in the July 1st blog post.
(Edit: For Q & A’s that have come up since this original post, please see the blog post I did here.)
Who wants to be a Camp Loopy Camper this summer?