Ok – so you all made me laugh with your comments on Monday’s blog. Thanks for proving that you know how to comment on a Monday blog. I just wasn’t sure. (And not that I’m complaining. I do appreciate the fact that you read the blog and then click over and SHOP on Mondays!) Susan from Colorado has won a skein of Kauni and I’ve emailed her to see which color she’d like.
Today, however, we have more important things to discuss. Like the Fourth Quarter Challenge! I thought long and hard about what to do for this quarter. I know that so many of you just finished up with Camp Loopy, where we were pretty specific about what you should knit. (That was fun!) So with this challenge, it’s all about the yarn. You can knit anything you’d like, as long as it uses at least one full skein of Madelinetosh, in any of the Tosh yarn bases that we carry at The Loopy Ewe (Sock, Merino Light, Vintage, Sport, DK and Pashmina). You can knit up more than one skein in your project, but not any less than a full skein. Think sweaters, gloves, mittens, vests, shawls, socks, capelets, scarves, cowls and hats. This might be a great time to work on a holiday gift.
The rest of the specifics:
- Your project must be completed and photos uploaded to the Fourth Quarter Challenge Photo Gallery at The Loopy Ewe by Wednesday, January 4th.
- If you need to buy yarn for your project, you can get it at 20% off between today and next Wednesday, October 5th. (You must specify in your order notes, which yarn you are using for your project. We will then run the discount on our end, before shipping it out. Discount is limited to one project’s worth of yarn, ordered in one order. Make sure you count your yardage carefully and order enough. Remember, only Madelinetosh yarn is eligible for this challenge.)
- If you’re in the U.S. and going for free shipping (orders above $75), be careful that the discount won’t take you below the $75 or the system will add the regular $5.95 shipping back in to your order.
- All entries finished on time will be eligible for prizes (both randomly drawn and voted on).
- If you bought your project yarn between 9/28 and 10/5 (and if you complete your project and upload the photo by the deadline), we’ll double the FSB points for the yarn you used. Quite a few of you earned some extra $25 bonuses this summer by getting your FSB points doubled for the yarn you used for Camp Loopy!
- We do not have any more Madelinetosh yarn arriving before 10/5, but we do have a lot of Sock, Merino Light, Pashmina and Sport currently in stock for you. Less of the DK and Vintage.
- If you want to use yarn in your stash, just make sure that it’s one of the Madelinetosh bases listed above. You’ll still be eligible for the prizes at the end, but not the double FSB credits.
Now might be a great time to do a bigger project, due to the discount, the 3 month knitting time frame, and the opportunity to earn double FSB points on it if you finish in time.
Need some ideas? Check out all three photo galleries from Camp Loopy. (One, Two, Three.) I can’t think of anything more motivating than your own photos from Camp this summer. You all did some awesome projects, and in one month’s time, no less! Three months will be a piece of cake.