November 23, 2011
…. so many things! But I’ll give you the ones that (mostly) relate to The Loopy Ewe:
1. I’m thankful for all of YOU. We would have no business without you. You keep us on our toes, and you make stocking the shop fun. You’re at the top of our list and we’re always happy to have you here.
2. The indie dyers who trust us to represent and showcase their beautiful lines. Such talent in that group, and we’re grateful to share their art with you.
3. The “big” yarn companies who are so wonderful to work with. (Big is in quotes because even though they are big, most all of them work hard to be personal and friendly in all of their dealings.)
4. Coffee and chocolate. There might be a little stress going on with this cross-country December move of ours, and coffee and chocolate are helping. (I know that I should say knitting is helping, too, but my knitting time is going to be limited for a bit….). Coffee and chocolate are staples in our Loopy kitchen.
5. The St. Louis Loopy Elves. They’re forever a part of the Loopy family (meaning their impact here will last forever, but it also means that they get a Forever Loopy Employee Discount, and a forever free place to stay when they want to visit Colorado in the future. Also? A forever job if they realize that they’re tired of the St. Louis humidity next summer and want to move to the mountains. I keep hoping.).
6. The moving company that will be taking all of Loopy’s earthly possessions and driving it cross-country in a week or so. If you see a bright yellow Exodus moving van in Missouri/Kansas/Colorado the first weekend in December, you might want to ambush it and plunder the yarn. (On second thought, don’t plunder. Let’s make sure it arrives safe and sound in one piece.)
7. Your patience. I know you don’t like No-Update Mondays. I don’t either. But we are stockpiling a bunch of great yarn for our first post-move December update here in Colorado, on the 12th!
8. Stash enhancing. Ok – beyond the coffee and chocolate stress busters, I’m also picking yarn to add to my stash. I might not be able to knit for a bit, but I can still dream about future projects in wonderful colors. And I do have cases and cases of yarn sitting at my house, waiting for your next Monday Update. What’s a knitter to do?
9. The Colorado Loopy Elves. They know they have a lot to live up to (because they know you all love the St. Louis Elves) but they are ready for the challenge. I promise you, they are bringing their own kind of awesome to The Loopy Ewe. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
10. A long holiday weekend with my family. Nothing is as refreshing as spending time with the people I love the most. I hope you’re doing the same!
In honor of my Top Ten Gratitude List, we’re giving away 5 prizes. I’ve picked out 5 skeins from 5 different indie dyers and we’ll pick five winners. Will you be one? Leave a comment and let us know what you’re thankful for, even if you’re not celebrating an official Thanksgiving holiday this week! Prize winners will be announced on Friday’s blog (where we’ll have another Gratitude Week giveaway).
We have five winners of a copy of the Skinner Hat from Monday’s blog, and I’ve emailed the winners. Congratulations to Analiese in NY, Anna in WA, Lael in WI, Sarah in AL and Lisa in VA!
(P.S. So that the Loopy Elves can enjoy a long weekend with their own families, we won’t be shipping orders today, Thursday and Friday. You can still place orders 24/7, and we’ll ship them out on Monday and Tuesday of next week.)