May 7, 2012
Back to the blog today. Thanks to those of you who worry about me and email when I miss a blog day. We were so busy getting Wollmeise orders out on Thursday and Friday, that I had to forego the regular Friday blog. But I’m still here and all is well!
Before we get to the Monday Update, we have some contest winners to announce! I had a 950+ yd. skein of Wollmeise Lace to give away on this blog post, and the winner of that beautiful cake of lace is: Michele in VA, who is now deciding what to make with it!
We’ve also tallied the votes for the Reader’s Choice Award for the First Quarter Project. The favorite, chosen by all of you regular blog reader’s, is: Stephanie from FL, with her beautiful Vernal Equinox Shawl out of Cascade Heritage Silk. We also put all of the entries into the Random Number Generator to choose another winner, and that one goes to: Amy from NC who made a great hat out of Lorna’s Laces Honor. Both of you will be getting a $25 credit in your Loopy Ewe account. Maybe you’ll find something fun from tonight’s Update that you need (“need”)!
- Fiberphile – Squooshy Sock 2 (shown here in Continuum). You’ll like this for socks. You might try one of these: Cadence, Maryanne, or Smaug Socks. I also like it for shawls. Look at the beautiful cabled edge on this Dubliner pattern.
- Frogtree Pediboo. Great for socks. Belle Vitini would be beautiful. Or Scales. We also have lots of people using this for shawls (and the Color Affection Shawl in particular.) It’s fun to play with the color combinations.
- Lorna’s Laces (Shepherd Sock, Solemate, Shepherd Sport, and new Sportmate) . Here’s a cute summer tank pattern that I happened across the other day: Laresca. It would be great done up in the Solemate. On the Sportmate (shown here in - we have lots of colors on order, but (as usual) Lorna’s Laces sends the colors as they dye them. Here are 9 to start with, and we’ll have more as they work through the color rotation!
- Malabrigo (Lace, Arroyo and Worsted). Now is a great time to pick up sweater quantities of the Worsted. We have over 40 options for you. I also like this Barbara W Shawl for the Worsted weight. Lots of interesting stitch patterns going on in there. Or how about Lattice? That also has interesting texture and stitches.
- Trekking XXL (shown here in 165) – If I were making socks for someone who was going to toss them in the washer and dryer with no second thought, I’d make it out of Trekking XXL. This is a real workhorse yarn that holds up to pretty much anything you throw at it.
- Go Knit Bags – all sizes and colors re-stocked. Especially handy if you’re picking out new projects today and will need new bags to keep them in. (Like I’m doing.)
- Needles – all HiyaHiya’s, ChiaoGoo’s, and Addi’s re-stocked. (Della Q makes one of our favorite needle organizer bags, just in case you also need one of those. And I love the Circular Cases from Namaste for needle organization, too.)
Have fun shopping and we’ll get your orders all packed up and shipped off to you quickly. We know you’d like them yesterday!