June 11, 2012
The Project Two Dates: Starting date is 6/27 and ending date is 7/27, with photos uploaded to the Project Two Photo Gallery at The Loopy Ewe by 7/29.
The Challenge for Project Two: This project should contain a color from your country’s flag and it must be at least 800 yards, single worked – not 400 yards knit doubled up to equal 800. (Don’t worry – Project 3 is not going to go up another 400 yards to be 1200. Project Two has the biggest yardage requirement for Camp this summer!)
More details: You can make it all one color or you can choose to use more than one. Just remember that one color needs to be from your country’s flag. We’re loose on exact color interpretation. If, for example, your flag contains a navy blue but you want to use a teal blue, that’s ok. Blue is blue for this project.
Camp Store Week for Project Two: If you need to purchase yarn for your project, we are offering a 20% Camp Loopy discount for the yarn during a designated “Camp Loopy Store Week” each month. The discount for Project Two, is valid on one camp project’s worth of yarn purchased during Camp Store Week Two (Monday, June 11 through Sunday, June 17.). To get the discount, you will need to leave us an order note on the order, telling us which yarn will be used for your Camp Project, and we can only apply the discount to one order, so you’ll need to calculate carefully. We’ll apply the discount when your order comes through to us. If you’re going for free shipping in the U.S., please make sure that your discount won’t take you below the $75 level, or the website will add the shipping charge back in after we do the discount.
Another benefit: In addition to the 20% discount on your yarn during Camp Store Week, we’ll also double your Frequent Shopper Benefits from that yarn purchase, if your project is done and a photo of it is uploaded to our Camp Loopy Photo Gallery by the deadline. (Yarn must be purchased during this month’s Camp Store Week, 6/11-17, for the double credits benefit.) So if your project yarn costs you $30, you’ll see $30 added to your Frequent Shopper totals after your order ships, and then we’ll add in another $30 to your totals when we approve your photo to the Gallery by the deadline.
Please review the other details and FAQ’s on the May 9, 2012 blog post to insure that you know the ins and outs of how all of this camp stuff works.
We’ll let you know the new Ravelry Discussion Groups a few days before the start of the project. Watch the blog for that. It the meantime, keep enjoying your canoes.
- Malabrigo Rios – a beautiful 4 ply superwash worsted weight yarn, great for sweaters and afghans and things you want to wrap up in.
- Malabrigo Worsted – a soft single ply worsted weight that felts beautifully. Also great for sweaters, as long as you always hand wash and lay flat to dry.
- Malabrigo Silky – a luscious 49% merino wool / 51% silk DK weight. Wonderful for cowls, scarves, hats, mitts and sweaters (that you want to hand wash and dry!).
- Three Irish Girls Cashmerino Fingering – our two latest exclusive colors from Three Irish. A Very Merry Unbirthday and Curiouser & Curiouser. (Shown here in Very Merry Unbirthday).
- The Knit Kit - in the new pink color. This version of the Knit Kit also includes a needle gauge. They just keep getting better and better!
- Knitter’s Pride Dreamz Needles – re-stocked in all sizes.
- Atenti Baguette bags in re-stocks and new colors, too.
It does take us an extra day or two to get orders out during Camp Store Week. We have everyone on the schedule for extra time and days this week (yay, Elves!) and we’ll be working hard to get your orders out as quickly as possible. Can’t wait to see what we’ll be sending to YOU!
P.S. Thank you for all of your emails, phone calls and messages regarding the fire just north of Fort Collins. We are all fine so far. The fire is 15 miles north of town and Loopy is on the south end of town (and our house even farther south). But do send up prayers and good thoughts for the firefighters who are risking their lives to save homes up there. It’s a bad fire. We really need a big rainstorm.