We were out of the office today for No Mail Monday. Happy Veteran’s Day and a big big thank you to all servicemen, past and present. You and your families have made sacrifices for us to have the freedoms we enjoy every day and we are so appreciative of your service. (Not just on Veteran’s Day, but each and every day.)
Since it’s a Monday, we have an Update ready for you tonight. Just up:
- Wonderland Yarn’s Chesire Cat Base (new indie dyer for us). A wonderful yarn base that is 100% superwash merino, with 512 yards in the skein! This soft yarn is perfect for shawls and scarves, where the extra yardage will come in handy. (Shown here in Cabbages and Kings).
- Loopy Cakes re-stocked in Autumn, Rainbow, and Doll Parts. We’re been waiting on some specific colors to be re-stocked in our Loopy Ewe Solid Series, so now we can get back to making up more of our popular Loopy Cake sets for you.
- Puffin & Co – Peeper Keeper’s and Scissor Pals. The Scissor Pals are a fun decoration for your favorite pair or scissors, but it also lets you loop your scissors over the top of your knitting bag. The weight of the Scissor Pal keeps lightweight scissors at the top of the bag, ready to use. (Shown here in the Kitty design.) And of course the Peeper Keeper’s are a classier way to hold your glasses when not in use (instead of perched on your head or tucked into the front of your shirt ….)
– Moda Fabric’s Family Tree line – Teals, reds, and oranges make up this fun line from Moda. My favorite is the fabric with the birds and trees! (Sampling shown in the photo below, right.)
- Timeless Treasures Fabrics Batiks in the Celebrate line. We continue to build our batiks lines here at The Loopy Ewe, and this delivery added 30 more colors to the bunch! You’ll also find a few sets of Tonga Treats in squares and strips. (Sampling shown in the photo below, left.)
– Tim Holtz Fabrics Ecelctic Elements. Tim is a well-known scrapbooker, and he has turned his creative eye to fabrics this time around. This line is particularly fun for boy/guy quilts, as well as adding interesting colors and concepts to other lines when mixing them together in a quilt. (Sampling shown in the photo below, middle.)
– Quilting pattern lines from Lunden Designs (modern looking quilts done in Birch fabrics, although of course they would look equally fun in any line), Timeless Traditions Quilts (I fell in love with Silent Night and the Woodland Tree Skirt at Quilt Market), and Modern Quilt Studio (fun, contemporary, and pretty quick to pull together.)
– Loopy Short Stacks – we have pulled together groupings of some of our favorite fabric lines into Loopy Short Stacks, containing fat quarters! Fat quarters are a great way to boost your fabric stash in certain lines and colors. There are also lots of great patterns out there for quilts, table runners, place mats, bags, and more, using fat quarters. Since fabric lines come and go (more so than yarn colorways), we’ll have limited quantities of Short Stacks available for the different lines, so get them while you can. We currently have 30+ options available! (A sampling shown below.)
Have fun checking out the new things, and we’ll be back in the shop bright and early in the morning to get working on your orders!