One of our favorite things around here is the Loopy Quarterly Challenges. It’s so fun to see how you all take a challenge and come up with such varied results! We’ve been offering the challenges for seven years now, and we want to mix things up a little for 2014. We’re going to be calling these Loopy’s Challenge, and the first one starts today! Here’s how it works:
1. This first challenge is to “mix” things up. You can do a project that mixes two different patterns together, or a project that mixes two different weights of yarn together (like the Shibui Baby DK and Silk Cloud shown below), or a project that mixes two different materials together (like yarn plus beads, shown below in Malabrigo Sock). One project, 300 yard minimum!
2. If you need yarn for your project, you may take a 15% discount off of the materials for this project starting today and going through December 18th. If you’re doing a yarn plus beads project, we will also include the beads in the discount. You will need to leave us an order note indicating which yarn (and beads, if you’re using those) in the order is for your challenge. We will apply the discount when we print out your order. If you’re going for free shipping in the U.S. make sure that the discount will not take your total under the $75 level, because the website will add the $5.95 postage cost back in. (Discount limited to one project’s worth of yarn/beads for the challenge. Must be ordered in one order, so calculate yardage carefully before ordering.)
3. If you purchase project items from us during Challenge Week (12/11 – 12/18) or later, and you upload a photo of your completed project to our gallery you could also earn an extra Loopy Credit! Assuming you complete your project and…
upload your photo on or before January 31st, we’ll give you a Loopy Credit equal to your original discount;
or, if you upload it in February, we’ll give you a Loopy Credit for 75% of your original discount.
For example, if you order $60 for your challenge project during Challenge Week, you’ll get a $9 discount on your order that day. Then, if you finish and upload your project to our photo gallery in January, we’ll put a $9 Loopy Credit in your account. If it takes a bit longer to finish your project and you upload it in February instead, we’ll give you a $6.75 Loopy Credit. (Note: one discount and one Loopy Credit per person.)
4. We will be setting up Challenge Chat Groups on Ravelry on our Loopy Groupie board. There will be a group for Pattern Mixers, a group for Yarn Mixers, and a group for Material Mixers. If you like chatting with others about projects, join the group that fits the project you have picked out. There are a lot of wonderfully friendly people on our Loopy Groupie board, and I know you’ll enjoy them.
5. You are also welcome to use stash yarn, as long as it’s yarn that we carry here at The Loopy Ewe. You won’t be eligible for the reward credits, but you can certainly participate in the Chat Groups and knit along with us.
Have fun picking out your project and your yarn! You can start in on the project as soon as your yarn arrives (if you need a little break from the busyness of the season) or after the holidays (if you’re too busy to start something new right now). We’ll look forward to seeing how you “mix things up” for this new challenge.