1. The squirrel, trying to get into the squirrel-proof birdfeeder. (Notice the teeth marks all around the metal top. He never gives up. I’m sure it’s a he. With dull teeth.) And really, I know the second photo focused on the window screen instead of the outside, but I had to include it. You have to give the squirrel credit for his gymnastics.
2. Trying to pick a winner from all of the Second Quarter Challenge Sock entries. You all did an awesome job! It’s always fun to tally the votes and each time, the votes are spread out over lots and lots of entries. Different projects appeal to different people and that’s great. This time, the Knitter’s Choice award goes to: Diane’s for her Highland Fling socks and the “everyone who entered gets a ticket in the random drawing and one person wins” award goes to Cynthia, who made a beautiful pair of Cookie A’s Mingus socks.
3. Trying to decipher things in this economy to guess when things are going to start turning around. (So far, I’ve come up with, “Not quite yet.”)
4. Whittling my way down to having only a couple of projects on the needles at any given time. (I’m not trying to do that. It just seemed like a good way to define “futile”.)
5. Attempting to explain to the postman about sock knitters and anniversary kits and packages that go all over the world.
6. Trying to change my attitude about grocery shopping. (Note: it’s not a good attitude.)
7. Attempting to figure out where the summer went, and how it can be August in just a couple of days.
8. Keeping the top of my desk all neat and tidy, every single day. Today? Not bad. Tomorrow? Probably futile. That’s why I took the picture today. (And I had to re-take it. The first time, there were a couple of secret items shown that you can’t know about yet. I ought to have re-taken it a third time, as I see that my desk blotter calendar is still on June. Oh, well. That’s pretty typical. The Two Cows screensaver is a free download from here. Ya gotta love cows.)
9. Getting myself to bed at a decent time. Why can’t I be a morning person? (And while I’m at it, why can’t I love to exercise and be a vegetarian? Just wondering.)
10. Trying to come up with a number 10 on the list (it’s futile – my mind is blank). But I’m a little too particular about such things to let the list just end at nine.