We know how it goes. You're extremely enthusiastic about knitting, love perusing for just the right color, frequently pausing to feel and smell the yarn, and spending extra time to imagine the projects you can make. But… somehow the rest of your family just doesn't fully appreciate your patience and dedication to the fiber world and they don't want to stay more than five minutes (or worse they don't even want to come at all).
If you're feeling generous you can always try the usual promises (just make sure you keep them!) of hand-knit socks, scarves, shawls, mittens, or nose-warmers. However, you might also try suggesting some of these nearby detours* to make your shopping trip to Loopy Central a bit more tolerable to the non-knitters in your life…
- Dazbog Coffee — a brief walk from the shop, it's a great place for a pick-me-up or for someone to wait;
- Lowe's — perfect for the non-knitting, hardware-oriented type to shop while you're busy;
- Panera Bread — a relaxing spot for a meal to distract your family while you're across the walk shopping;
- Public Library — with books, computers, and chairs for children activities, studying, or research;
- Spooners Frozen Yogurt — a delicious treat after a successful shopping trip at Loopy;
- Target — let somebody else worry about a day-to-day shopping list while you're busy with the fiber list;
- Toys "R" Us — across the parking lot, this makes for a great post-shopping stop for a small reward for kids;
Feather Your Nest,
See the full list of shops at the Front Range Village Shopping Center, all within walking distance.
Of course, if all else fails, you can always remind your shopping troupe that we have a couple of comfy couches at the front of our shop where they can wait.
* some people may consider some of these detours as bribery… we simply believe it is a way to make everybody's shopping trip a bit more enjoyable…