These merino/cashmere/nylon blends really spoil a person. I have already cast on for my second sock in this. I’d say that I’m getting better and deleting my Second Sock Syndrome but that’s not true. It’s just the MCN Base that prompts me forward. The truth is, I want to wear them and not just display a single sock on the wall at Loopy. This is Smaller Yellow Ant in Bugga from The Sanguine Gryphon, and while I’m not usually an orange or yellow person, the colors in this just pop. I love it. The pattern is Shur’tugal, and is free on Ravelry. Knit top down, with a very cool heel. (Click on photo to make it big – isn’t that a fun pattern?) We put lots of new Bugga and Skinny Bugga up on Monday night, this week. I know many of you found it! We also added in:
- more Lavishea in all scents and sizes (those gals worked hard to get us one more order before the holidays!)
- Madelinetosh Sock (80 more colors went up) and Pashmina (the wonderful merino/silk/cashmere blend).
- Entrelac Stitchmarkers (my favorites, because they’re small and unobtrusive and pretty.)
- Addi Lace Clicks (we’ve worked our way through all of the pre-orders that we had for these, so now we can share them on the website. These have been popular!)
- Loopy Lite Kits (the remaining kits from our Loopy Lite Fall Sock Club, containing an exclusive skein of Madelinetosh Sock, two patterns written for this kit – socks and mitts – and a black and red Loopy Messenger Bag.)
We’ll have one more Monday Update for 2010 – next Monday. I’m anticipating Gale’s Art, Fiberphile, Lorna’s Laces, and more for you on Monday. We won’t have new things to go up on 12/27, since we are taking Thursday and Friday of next week to enjoy the holiday season with our families. No photo time.
On another note – I have a new Christmas CD that I’m really enjoying. One of my friends on Facebook suggested it, and I’m so glad. It’s piano music that combines Christmas Carols with Classical songs (like Silent Night combined with Clare de Lune, We Three Kings with Fuer Elise, Hark the Herald Angels Sing with Handel’s Largo, etc). If you’re tired of all of your regular holiday CD’s, (or need some stocking stuffers or a couple more gifts for people on your list) you might give this one a try. It will put you in the spirit and relax you at the same time!