February 26, 2014
I wish all of you could come visit our fabric section in person. There are so many gorgeous bolts here at the shop, and all of them make me want to sit down and sew. Even the non-sewing Loopy Elves are plotting ways to buy fabric and whip up some knitting project bags. We’ve started thinking that maybe we need a new (and matching) project bag for each new skein of yarn we wind up to knit. Is that right or wrong? Never mind. Don’t tell me.
For our Spring Fabric Challenge, we’d like to see what you can come up with in terms of a cool bag. You can make a project bag, or a purse, or a tote bag, or any other kind of bag that you think you would use or want to give to a friend. You can use a Loopy Short Stack and make a quilted type of bag, or you can use bigger fabric pieces as a whole, or you can make the bag with one fabric and line it with another, or …. well, there are all kinds of ways to make a bag. (Fabric for the Challenge does need to be purchased here at The Loopy Ewe.) Pick something that will be fun for you to sew and useful to you afterwards. I kind of hope someone will come up with the perfect knitting bag pattern, so we can all make one later. Maybe you’re the one to come up with the pattern!
1. You may take a 15% discount off of the fabric for this project starting today and going through March 7th. You will need to leave us an order note indicating which fabric in the order is for your challenge. We will apply the discount when we print out your order. If you’re going for free shipping in the U.S. make sure that the discount will not take your total under the $75 level, because the website will add the $5.95 postage cost back in. (Discount limited to one project’s worth of fabric for the challenge. Must be ordered in one order, so calculate yardage carefully before ordering.)
2. If you purchase project fabric from us during Challenge Week (2/26 – 3/7) or later, and you upload a photo of your completed project to our gallery you could also earn an extra Loopy Credit! Assuming you complete your project and…
- upload your photo on or before March 31st, we’ll give you a Loopy Credit equal to your original discount;
- or, if you upload it in April, we’ll give you a Loopy Credit for 75% of your original discount.
For example, if you order $30 for your challenge project during Challenge Week, you’ll get a $4.50 discount on your order that day. Then, if you finish and upload your project to our photo gallery in March, we’ll put a $4.50 Loopy Credit in your account. If it takes a bit longer to finish your project and you upload it in April instead, we’ll give you a $3.38 Loopy Credit. (Note: one discount and one Loopy Credit per person.)
3. We will be setting up a Spring Challenge Bag Chat Group on Ravelry on our Loopy Groupie board. If you like chatting with others about projects, join the group and jump right in. There are a lot of wonderfully friendly people on our Loopy Groupie board, and I know you’ll enjoy them.
It has been fun to see sewing and quilting project photos being added to our Ideas Photo Galleries. We love sending you fabric bundles and seeing what you turn them into!
Sheri and The Loopy Ewe Crew
(Fabric Collections from top photo to bottom: Moda’s Mixed Bag, Moda Piecemakers, Timeless Treasures Tonga Batiks, Birch’s Ipanema, Amy Butler’s Hapi, and Riley Blake’s Giraffe Crossing.)