March 4, 2011
I love seeing what other people are doing. When you all shop here in person, you frequently bring in your projects to share with us and we have a lot of fun seeing what you’ve made. When you all shop online with us, you frequently upload your finished project photos to The Loopy Ewe Photo Gallery, and we love that, too. One of our local Loopy customers was in this week (Hi Victoria!) and brought this adorable vest that she knit up for one of her grandsons for Easter. This is made with Amy Butler’s Belle Organic DK in Basil and Cilantro. Isn’t it cute? You can find the pattern – Kick It Up – over at Petite Purls, the online knitting mag that specializes in kids patterns.
Seeing this vest, reminded me of how much I love that yarn. I used it to knit my first-ever crochet project, and at the time, I decided that I needed to make a sweater with it. It just feels so great. Maybe I’ll do a short-sleeved cardi for summer. (You know, after I finish the sweater I’m making with the Ultra Pima DK Cotton. The list just keeps growing….)
1. I found this fun blog and amazing artist, after she added The Loopy Ewe to her Twitter feed. You should scroll down and watch the quick little video on the Alaskan Goblin Arrival – so cute!
2. I also like this felting artist a lot, and bought the little Gnome in this photo from her shop.
3. And this one is where the Toadstool came from. (Don’t the Gnome and Toadstool look like they belong together?) I love toadstools and rock piles and this one had both. They sit on my desk here at Loopy.
4. Oh, and this one! The birds are amazing. And those owls? And chipmunks? And the mouse with the balloon? Too fun.
5. I like the drawings from this artist. I have two and I can’t justify more until I frame these two and do something with them. But I will. I like them a lot.
7. Someday I’ll figure out just what I’d want written on one of these, and will order one. I like the use of different sized words and colors.
9. Lately, my favorite jewelry comes from this shop. I’ve ordered several times and it’s always fun to receive and fun to give as gifts.
10. Last but not least, I cannot quit ordering pottery from this shop. It’s ridiculous. Some of you might remember that I do not need one more mug. But I ordered this one on Wednesday. And this one is really tempting me as well. And this. (Note to self: Stop. Just stop now.)
Happy Weekend to you!